Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Podcast Powered By Podbean
Presentation Skills for EFL Learners
Level: Adult, High Intermediate
During the course, students improve comprehensibility, develop confidence and acquire effective oral presentation skills in English.
"Appealing to your listeners' needs in a Persuasive Presentation"
Activity Focus: Listening / Speaking
- Note-taking to improve listening skills
- Considering audience needs in organizing a persuasive presentation
- Practicing speaking informally on a common topic of interest
- Evaluating peers' recorded ideas and giving oral feedback.
- Listen to Marcia's podcast on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; take notes.
- In preparing your 5 minute speech proposing a solution to a problem, consider which of Maslow's Needs are not being met. Record in Podomatic your ideas of how you can adapt your presentation to the specific needs of your audience.
- Listen to each of your colleagues' recordings, and record your questions or comments.
Podcast taken from Galvin, K. (1992). Listening by Doing: Developing effective listening skills ( pp. 67-68). Chicago: National Textbook Company.